Let your heart guide you......It whispers so listen closely

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Poetry@ In Her Shoes - 1

Last month I watched another chick-flick, In Her Shoes. It was a nice and entertaining one..  Loved Cameron Diaz's acting. Her's was the main character (Maggie) and she did justice to it. Despite of Maggie's nasty deeds, you end up liking her character.. and you will definitely  love it when the plot moves to community center for old people and she starts helping them. 
So what I liked the most in the movie was the poem she reads in her sister's wedding.  The poem is beautiful and the way she read it made it more touching. I had searched the wording on internet, and it was lying on my desktop forever. Today I was reading again, and I again loved them, so thought why not share with you.. 

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart,
I am never without it, anywhere I go you go, my dear; 
and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling.

I fear no fate, for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world, for beautiful you are my world, my true
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant,
and whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows,
here is, the root of the root and 
the bud of the bud and 
the sky of the sky, of a tree called life;
which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide,
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.

I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart.

-E. E. Cummings


PS-1: I do not know why every version (available on internet) of this poem had lots of stuff in brackets. If anyone of you has some idea, why it is that way, then please share. 
PS-2: I apologize for playing with the punctuation of the original poem.

1 comments:

CYNOSURE said...

Well, from my research from internet for brackets, I guess, that's how E.E. Cummings wrote and dedicated it to someone...coz the text in the bracket is everywhere clarifying the meaning of the line, but the meaning is itself written in very poetic fashion...so it has to be his original...

nice one BTW... :)

Post a Comment